Highlands Ranch Bed Bug Inspection and Removal Services
If you have a bed bug problem, we’re here to solve it.
Highlands Ranch Family Pest Control will thoroughly exterminate bed bugs from your home so you can have a peaceful nights rest.
Bed bugs are small, flat insects who love warm, dark places such as cracks and mattresses. They primarily feed on blood at night, leaving the person to wake up with small red bumps on their body. While they are not known to carry any diseases, having bed bugs in your home is unsanitary and should be removed as soon as possible.
Highlands Ranch Family Pest Control will successfully clean your home of all pests and give you the knowledge on how to prevent future infestations.
- Proper Inspection: we will find the source of where the bed bugs are and exterminate the area.
- Check Cracks and Crevices: Bed bugs love to hide in cracks in the walls or bed frames. In our inspection, we will check every crevice for any hidden bed bugs. We will then apply proper treatment to the area.
- Environment Changes: After the extermination process is finished, we will give you recommendations on what you can change to keep your house bed bug free.
If you’re looking for a bed bug removal service, call Highlands Ranch Family Pest Control today!
Request A Quote Today!
Why Bed Bugs Are Difficult to Remove
If you have a bed bug problem you might think of trying to remove them yourself. Bed bugs can be very difficult to remove because they reproduce fast and leave their eggs in various spots. It takes about 30 days for a bed bug to mature, which makes them hard to keep under control.
The bed bug will feed and then retreat back to their dark home for days or even weeks, which makes detecting them hard until there’s a full infestation.
If treating yourself, you are running the risk of not fully exterminating the pest. It’s easy to miss a crack that is one of their hot-spots, which means they are still reproducing and causing havoc in the night. To make sure your home is bed bug-free we recommend hiring a professional pest control service.
Highlands Ranch Family Pest Control knows how to find all hidden eggs and will do a thorough inspection of your home, beds, furniture, and linings. We know exactly what to look for and won’t miss any bed bugs.
How To Know If You Have Bed Bugs
The first sign you might notice is red bumps covering your body. They are easy to mistake for a mosquito bite, so look for a line of small red bumps or clusters of them. The bed bug will bite in the same area while a mosquito is more random.
Next, you need to know where to look and what to look for. Bed bugs prefer places close to humans, so check, bed lining, box springs, headboards, and bed frames. You’ll want to look for their exoskeleton or shed bug skins. They are good hiders, but not good at hiding evidence. They will also leave blood and fecal stains on your mattress, bedding, sheets, and pajamas. Having a keen eye is the best tool to have in stopping a bed bug infestation before it grows into a bigger problem.
If you spot any of these signs then call Highlands Ranch Family Pest Control today!
How To Prepare For Extermination
Bed bugs are notoriously good at hitching rides on luggage and clothing. Just sitting on an infested chair at a hotel can turn your home into a bed bug breeding ground. So by improper cleaning of infested areas you could spread them even more.
We recommend cleaning all fabric in the infested area, including bedding, curtains, and clean clothing. Vacuum all carpets in every room and dispose of the bag outdoors. Don’t use a bag-less vacuum because the bed bugs could hide in the cracks of the interior. Then have all non-fabric items ready for inspection.
How to Prevent A Bed Bug Infestation
• Do Your Research: before you book a hotel room check the reviews of past customers. If bed bugs are mentioned; stay somewhere else.
• Check Your Rooms: When you arrive at your destination, check the beds, bed frames, bedding, and mattress for any signs of a bed bug infestation.
• Avoid storing luggage on the ground and don’t use the dressers. If able, hang all clothing items.
• After returning home, wash all clothing and luggage used on the trip.
These tips are not fool-proof and you still have a chance of bringing a bed bug home. If that’s the case, call Highlands Ranch Family Pest Control today!